Monday, November 3, 2008

Migraines

So, I get migraines a few times a year. I just recently came to the conclussion that they were being triggered by caffeine. About 12-24 hours after i had a cup of coffee I would get nasty nasty migraines. So I one hundred percent stopped drinking caffeniated coffee, and 95% stopped drinking decaf coffee. Last Wednesday, before rehearsal for Stormy Weather I decided to get a hot chocolate. It was freezing cold outside so I got a venti (large). Did that turn out to be a mistake. I got the worst migraine over my right eye that I ever had. I got my usual blind spots about an hour before the headache while i was at work Thursday morning. I immediately left work and went home. There my head just started killing me. If i went under the sheets to make the room as dark as possible it was too dark and i need a little light. The second i got the light, I needed dark. I couldn't keep my eyes open, yet, it was also too painful to keep my eyes shut. It hurt under my eyelid, it hurt above my eye on my forehead, it hurt on the side of my head above my ear, and it hurt in the back of my head. Then the nausea kicked in. Things started spinning. I felt like I had an empty stomach (Like completely empty, like hollow). I'm dry heaving. My nose got all congested. And I had a big zit on my head that already hurt before the migraine started!!! I was in bed the whole evening minus about 20 minutes when i got up to eat and go to the bathroom. The next day I told people I feel like I just got knocked out by Mike Tyson.
Move ahead three days. I finish rehearsal and start eating dinner with Lauren. I start feeling extremely fatigued. Like I'm going to fall asleep on the spot, no control over the matter. Then the blindspots hit, and I couldn't believe I was getting another Migraine. No trigger!!!! I was so tired i couldn't really control it and immediately fell asleep. I woke up shortly after with a terrible headache over my left side this time. I had Lauren help me out with the lights and blinds and then went to sleep for the rest of the night, not getting out of bed until 8:45 the following morning.
Here I am now at work with the worst Migraine "hangover" ever. I just felt like I was in a 12 round slugfest that immediately followed me running the New York marathon. I am so fatigued I can barely sit up at my desk at work. I still have a bit of a headache especially when i bend over. I'm dizzy. My motor skills suck. There is a time delay between me telling me to do something, ie moving my limbs, and actually doing so. Oh and did I say I'm exhausted.
It's going to be a long day as I have to finish 4.5 more hours of work and then go for three hours of physical rehearsal and an hour sub ride home.
Oh boy, thank God that i can at least daydream of my bed!!!!

2 comments:

Meg McLynn said...

Oh, Scottie!! Bed will come soon, bed will come soon!

Nathan said...

Scott! Intense! Wow...I am feeling for you indeed--though I have never had--and sincerely hope I never do have to experience that type of pain! I'm sorry man!

But, hey...I'm glad we found each other's blogs!