Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YAAAAAAAAAY for work.

So, as i'm about to finish up working at my day job, (boo!!! I like the steadiness of income) I'm about to start a new job. My friend and old classmate, Nick Maccarone, and playwrighting mfa Kelley Girod and I are putting up a little show! The tentative date is Dec. 12th so mark it in your calendars! It's going to be a storytelling performance on E. 4th street in a photography gallery owned by Alex Harsley. (At least this is the tentative location). We are hoping to make this a monthly thing so please come out and support us! It will be the most laid back, intimate performance you will ever go to. I'm extremely looking forward to creating my own work. I haven't really had the opportunity to do this since my undergraduate days and it is extremely refreshing.
This performance will ride the coattails of the play i'm currently rehearsing for called Stormy Weather. Two cute short one act plays. However after last nights rehearsal, it seems like it is going to be pretty "artistic", which is really cool and surprising. The cast and director are awesome. Just a ton of people who are getting together to create, and have a fun time doing it. Such positive, fun people to be around!
Then, in an hour I have to leave for an audition for the touring production of Freedom Train the musical about Harriet Tubman. They called me in to audition for the tough bad guy! Wow, i'll be the least physically threatening "heavy" ever!!! This is the same company I had a call back for last week, so even though it doesn't look like I got that role, it seems like they must enjoy the work I put into my auditions, which is always a nice feeling.
That's it for now.
Peace.

Update: Despite major mush mouth and barely being able to say the first 3 or so lines of my audition, I was called back for two parts...both of whom happen to be racists...mixed emotions about this one! It's nice to be on a little call-back roll though!

No comments: