Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy, Happy, Happy

So, there is only one thing that can make The Happy Actor even happier...jobs and auditions! and recently I've had both.
A few weeks ago, I auditioned for a little play called Stormy Weather. My friend and producer Alona Fogel told me to audition. I had doubts, but hesitantly went to the audition and found out a day or so later that I was cast!!! The play goes up Mid-November in NYC. If you actually read this, you will definitely be getting a notification in the near future.
For the past two months, I've been taking private voiceover coaching at Marla Kirban Studios with Bruce Kronenberg. This has been the greatest thing I have ever done. I have sooooooooo much fun working on voiceovers, for whatever reason. I just made my demo and it is pretty amazing, if you ask my humble self. I just got the demo today, and have already been called in for an audition!!!!
Also, tomorrow i have an audition for a touring play called The Color of Justice, based off the Board vs. Brown hearings on integrating schools. I'm called in for Jack Greenberg. He is the lawyer that Thurgood Marshall recruited for the case straight out of Columbia University Law School when he was 28 years old. Crazy...the similarities. The audition is a cold read from the script. That should be intersting. I prefer to have the script in hand a few days before, so i can prepare a bit, but oh well. The show tours for 6 months. Pays well. And I would become Equity!!!
Between the auditions, i'm sure i'll have something crazy to post about the experiences.

1 comment:

Meg McLynn said...

Demo sounds awesome!!! Love hearing all the nuances in your voice, can't wait to hear what comes of it...and kick butt on the audition. theatreworks? artspower?